How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Home?
The cost to paint a home can vary greatly depending on where you live, how large your home is, and which company you choose to work with. The cost of interior painting is usually a bit higher than exterior home painting. A rough estimate or average for full home painting services (interior and exterior) are as follows:
- 1-story 1,000 square feet: $2,500-$6,000
- 2-story 2,500 square feet: $6,750-$12,500
- 3-4-story 4,000 square feet: $10,000-$19,000
Added a new fresh coat of paint to your home doesn’t just improve curb appeal, it will also increase your home value and help to improve neighborhood appeal – homes sell faster and for more in well kept, nicer neighborhoods. In most cases, the increase in home value will outweigh the cost to paint your home, making it a good investment.
What Affects the Cost of Painting Your Home
As previously mentioned, the cost to paint your home will vary greatly depending on where you live, the size of your home, and the company you use. Additionally, there are other factors that can influence the cost as well. Here are some common factors that will affect the cost of painting your home:
- Type of Siding on Your Home – Metal siding usually costs the least and it goes up from there; concrete, vinyl, wood, and finally stucco costing the most.
- Type of Primer Being Used – Oil-based primers cost the least, latex-based a bit more, then shellac primers cost the most.
- Type of Paint Being Used – Generally, the higher the shine the higher the cost. The lowest cost is usually flat/matte paint and then it goes up from there: eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, high-gloss. The paint grade, or quality, and the color can also affect the price.
- Maintenance Needed – Finally, if extra cleaning is required or holes need to be patched, this can also affect the cost.
It’s important to consider these different factors when choosing the company you want to work with. Simply getting an estimate or quote for home painting services can be misleading. One company may quote you much lower than another because they use lower grade paints. Additionally, some companies will charge flat rate fees for labor while others charge hourly – hourly rates are great if the painters are highly experienced and can get the job done in a reasonable time.
Looking For Quality Painting Service in Wichita? Call us at (316) 261-9319
The appearance of your home can improve the image of your neighborhood, raise your property value, and is important all-around for many reasons. We are proud to use Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore paints to create the perfect look for your home.
Customer satisfaction is our number one goal, and we achieve that by earning trust from our customers, a strong work ethic, and honesty.
Western Painting offers interior and exterior painting, stucco repair, water damage repair, siding, window repair, and fence/deck refinishing services.
The bigger the house, the bigger the cost for the painting.