How Much Does It Cost To Paint The Interior Of A House?
Giving your home a fresh coat of paint is a great way to improve the look and feel of your home while also increasing your home value. Whether you just bought your home and want to change the color, are planning on selling your home, or simply feel it’s time for a fresh look, a new coat of paint is always a great way to go. If you’ve decided to hire a company to do the job for you, you may be wondering what it’s going to cost you. While there are many factors that go into the cost, the main one is the size of your home.
The average cost to paint the interior of your home comes out to about $1.50 to $3.00 per square foot:
- 1,000 square feet: $1,500-$3,000
- 2,500 square feet: $3,750-$7,500
- 4,000 square feet: $6,000-$12,000
There are, however, many factors that play into the cost, from where you live to the type of paint being used. Before requesting a quote from a painting company you may want to plan out exactly what you want in order to get the most accurate quote. This includes color, type of paint, number of rooms, etc…
Factors That Affect the Cost of Interior Home Painting
When it comes to painting the interior of your home you will have some decisions to make. Deciding which colors to use, the quality or grade of paint, the gloss, and more. These decisions will likely affect the cost of painting your home so we’ve outlined some of the biggest factors that can affect the cost.
- Type of Primer Being Used – Oil-based primers cost the least, latex-based a bit more, then shellac primers cost the most.
- Type of Paint Being Used – Generally, the higher the shine the higher the cost. The lowest cost is usually flat/matte paint and then it goes up from there: eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, high-gloss.
- Color of Paint Chosen – Classic hues may cost the same across the board but trendy colors can often increase the price significantly – sometimes even doubling the cost of the paint.
- Paint Features/Specialty Paints – Some paints also have special features like mildew and mold resistance. Choosing these types of paints will affect price.
- Maintenance Needed – Finally, if extra cleaning is required or holes need to be patched, this can also increase the cost.
Quality, brand, and grade are additional factors when choosing the type of paint to use for your home. Higher quality paints tend to be thicker and don’t require as many coats but will cost more per gallon. You can likely adjust the cost of painting your home by being selective depending on each room’s needs. For instance, mold and mildew inhibiting paints may only be necessary for the bathrooms, lower gloss paint may be fine in adult bedrooms where the walls are less likely to need cleaning, fewer coats of paint may be necessary when the new paint color is the same as the previous.
Looking For Quality Painting Service in Wichita? Call us at (316) 261-9319
Give your home a fresh new look while also increasing your home’s value with a new coat of paint. At Western Painting, in Wichita, KS, we are proud to use Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore paints to create the perfect look for your home.
Customer satisfaction is our number one goal, and we achieve that by earning trust from our customers, a strong work ethic, and honesty.
Western Painting offers interior and exterior painting, stucco repair, water damage repair, siding, window repair, and fence/deck refinishing services.